Good improvisors are good listeners. Here's how they (and YOU!) can do it:
1. Look in the eyes. Engage.
2. Stop thinking about what you want to say and listen to what is actually being said.
3. "Yes, and." Listen and build. Listen and react.
4. Smile. Give non verbals. Make them look good.
5. Listen with your full body. Be present. Sometimes just being with a person is enough.
6. Breathe. Make sure you are breathing. :)
It's that easy (or that hard!) Give yourself (and your partner) the gift of being present.